Saturday, May 15, 2010

Isabelle Leigh

Chubby fingers and a snub nose,
loose brown locks wild and free.
Bright wide blue eyes, soft pale skin.
Secrets whispered into trusting ears.
Smiles,giggles, tickles and kisses.
The way she gets excited
over simple everyday things.
A spider holds her attention,
butterflies delight and fascinate her.
For all these things and more,
I love her.
Her innocence, her wonder,
the funny things she does.
The way she runs to me,
to make her feel safe,
she snuggles in my arms until she is safe again.
The way her face lights up when she sees me.
I love her.
I love my beautiful niece,
with everything I have.
Every time I see her
my heart threatens to explode.
I love her because
she is part of me.
She is of my my blood,
and I will never leave her.
I love you Isabelle Leigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment